Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Introduction

This is a blog for all those interested in Open Source ActionScript for the purpose of creating Flash demos. There are many Websites that I find myself using, but no one seems to tie it together with soup-to-nuts instructions.

This blog is targeted to readers like myself: disciplined as a pure programmer with little experience on Adobe Flash (the commercial animation studio tool). If you are Perl programmer that wants to cut a few tricks for your homepage, this is the blog for you.

Even if you are a "seasoned Flash architect" (not sure what that means, but it likely sells well on Monster.com), this may be a place to share tips and tricks.

As of writing, I am a Kubuntu user. This means I use KDE on the GNU/Linux operating system. Windows users will need to modify setup procedures slightly. Once your operating environment is running, pure ActionScript should be identical on any platform.

No comments: